I am enamored with pumpkin at this time of year. I cannot get enough of it. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin gobs, pumpkin bread, pumpkin soup, pumpkin tortellini. You get the idea. The good thing is, our kids are fanatical about pumpkin themselves.
When I mentioned the idea of pumpkin pancakes, there were grand jetes and mad fist pumps and body slams into the comfy couch. These were super easy for kids to make and they tasted amazing with cinnamon sugar and syrup. Even better was that they got a veggie serving in for breakfast. I love that!
Easy Pumpkin Pancakes for Kids
1 cup milk
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups Bisquick
vegetable oil spray
1. Spray a non-stick skillet with oil. Heat over medium heat.
2. Pour batter into the pan.
3. When the pancakes have puffed up, flip over and cook another minute.
4. Remove to a serving tray and cool slightly.
5. Press a pumpkin cookie cutter into the pancake.
Recipe adapted from Highlights High Five October 2011 Issue
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?