So I’m delving into new territory here. After much prayer and seeking, God has provided a part-time job for me that will help meet some needs. I am in the process of becoming a Gymboree Play and Music Teacher.
Gymboree is a great early childhood development program that offers classes from infancy-5 years old. From an educator’s perspective, I have been very impressed with the quality of this program and the depth of training involved. Besides teaching kids, one of their primary focuses is equipping parents with knowledge about their child’s development and how they can equip and support their children – in order to provide a strong foundation for the rest of their children’s lives.
I am pretty excited that God opened up this avenue for us for a number of reasons:
1. I get to teach, which is one of my passions. I get to use my education.
2. I will have a consistent schedule of Mondays (9-12) and Saturdays (9-2).
3. The kids will be in good hands with Paul’s mom on Mondays and Paul on Saturdays.
4. Selah and Adden will get to attend any class for free. So I am thrilled for them because they’re going to love it! It’s like a little kids’ paradise in there!
5. They pay well for part time – $15/hr
6. It never feels like work when you’re doing what you love!
So, if you’ve got little tykes, you live close to a Gymboree center, and you can afford it, definitely check them out. It’s a great early childhood program!